Jan 17, 2008

Oh Hurray!

Alright. I'm pretty much settled in. Have computer, working internets, monkey plates. 

I feel rather odd. Very, very far away from home + not knowing anyone + not having school yet = what. At least I can complain about it online now.

Eating has been interesting. I've been so busy during the day I keep forgetting/not having time to eat, which is just as well because I haven't done much grocery shopping. Dinner tonight was a pb & j with carrots. Yay, elementary school lunch. This is made more interesting by the fact that prior to dinner, all I had eaten was... a pb & j. 

I got the stuff that I shipped to myself, which was nice because now I have things like lamps and pens and socks.

Portland thus far has been cold and damp, but not too cold and damp. The surrounding area is really beautiful, and the city itself is really neat. There are a lot of cool old buildings, the neighborhoods are really distinct, and as promised, the public transportation is great. I keep seeing seagulls flying around, too. It's kind of startling to be walking down the street in between huge office buildings and hear a beach bird screeching overhead. 

I have orientation tomorrow, which should be good. We'll see.

No comments: